Friday, November 7, 2008

12 days 23 hours 8 minutes and 50 seconds!

Yes, I am one of those oh-so-insanely-obsessed "Twilight" fans who stay up until God knows when in the morning to wait for the next release of Stephenie Meyer's creation. The next late night: "Twilight" the movie. The icing on the cake is it's being released on my birthday! Score!

All eyes are on "Twilight" waiting to see how this movie will pan out, and I don't think director Catherine Hardwicke will be disappointed. I can't imagine how much stress would be put on an actor or actress to live up to the performance so many fans are awaiting to see, and it was relieving to see that actress Kristen Stewart, who plays a key role as Bella Swan, is a little nervous.

In an interview with "Entertainment Weekly," Stewart explains some of her odd moments and her opinion towards the filming of a new big hit. She recalls casting for the role and acting out a crucial love scene with four different actors before they casted Robert Pattinson, saying she refused to keep the part unless Pattinson was casted. She said, "Catherine liked a couple of the guys, and I was like, 'Are you joking? I can't do the movie unless Rob does it. 'He got it, and we could, like, see each other."

I also found it interesting that during some scenes of the movie, Pattinson and Stewart changed their lines to lines that felt more natural, or fit the part, instead of cheesy lines. Hardwicke said Stewart wouldn't take any "bulls---" for lines. So hopefully this won't take away from the characters and movie.

According to Hardwicke, the movie must hit $150,000 in sales for Summit Entertainment to consider creating "New Moon" into a movie. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this movie will become a huge hit! I know I'll definitely be playing my part going three or four times after it comes out.

Oh by the way, yay for "Twilight!"

To see Stewart's interview by Entertainment Weekly, go to http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20234559_20234567_20238864,00.html

No comments: