I am officially a senior with one semester left at Dixie State College. It's hard to believe I started almost five years ago. Who knows how many classes that was!
Since I started I have had the opportunity to make mistakes and learn from them, the opportunity to meet people I probably wouldn't have normally taken the time to meet, and found a new passion I never thought I would have. I started out as a physical therapist major. Well, after I found out that would involve touching kadavers, I decided it just wasn't for me. The safer route, of course, was to publicly humiliate myself through journalism.
For a naturally anxious person who sweats out every deadline, you might ask what in the world were you thinking? The answer is simple: I don't know. The nice part is the newspaper paid for my college education and taught me to face my fears. I also had the opportunity to better prepare myself for graduation. I thought high school graduation was scary, but I was so wrong. That award is left for the college degree that ultimately releases you to reek havoc on the world.
I have to say, though, that I will not miss the long days and nights of studying, the mounds of homework, and the stress of everyday school life. I am now wondering what will actually fill that void in my life after I walk across the stage in May. I can only hope my experiences have somehow impacted the college in a positive way. I know I made my mark in the communication department, and unfortunately they probably will never forget me at this point.
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment