Saturday, December 5, 2009

Late nights and research papers

So with it being my second-to-last semester, I have spent some late nights working on my current research papers. It seems like my papers from every other year I've spent at Dixie State College were so much easier. Now I have to crack down and hit the books (and online articles) to keep my fingers crossed that I'll receive a good grade.

I found that one of my biggest problems is I am overly critical of myself and my work. That isn't surprising, because it's seemed to be a lifelong trait of mine; however, I'm learning to take a step back and breathe. Sometimes it takes a while to realize you're over-analyzing yourself.

The only advice I have to any student is this: Don't be so hard on yourself! I know it's hard, and it'll take a lot of practice, but it's important to your health and well-being. :) Oh, and never every forget to breath.

No comments: