Wednesday, February 10, 2010

23rd annual Robert N. & Peggy Sears Dixie Invitational Art Show





The 23rd annual Robert N. & Peggy Sears Dixie Invitational Art Show and Sale begins Saturday.

I had the opportunity to view the gallery today and took a couple photos to show you the upcoming, and truly amazing, works of art. I was taken aback by the meaningful contexts behind the different mediums depicting epic tales of travel and hard work. Native American images line the walls while more modern art is displayed on pedestals throughout the showroom. Sadly, I can't say I've been to many of the art shows here on campus. However, now that I've seen a few, I can advise you to not let the opportunity fly by. The Sears Art Gallery allows students and community members to view the wonderful talent located both here in town and other areas.

One of my favorite pieces in the show is by Cheryl Collins. The sculpture is titled "The Glass Heart." No one can miss the powerful sculptures standing tall with its organic-looking medium. The earthy colors are subtle, but the vibrant red heart stands out to give the sculpture meaning.

For those who would like to go see the exhibit, I have listed the times below.

Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sundays: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

(*Editors note: I apologize for the amateur look of these photos. They were taken from my phone since my camera died.)

No comments: