I find it very interesting how most times we do not see the best qualities in ourselves until someone else points it out.
This epitome came to me after having a very meaningful discussion with someone I admire. I told her I respected her strength during difficult situations, in which she responded she was not strong. To give a little bit of background, the woman I am speaking of is battling cancer. I can't think of any other adjective that better suits any cancer fighter than "strong." If strength doesn't work for you, you can have your choice of any of the following words:
able, able-bodied, big, capable, durable, enduring, energetic, firm, fixed, hale, hard as nails, hardy, hearty, mighty,reinforced, robust, rugged, secure, sinewy, solid, sound, stable, stalwart, stark, steady, strapping, sturdy, substantial, tenacious, tough, unyielding, vigorous, well-founded, well-made,aggressive, brave, clear, cogent, courageous, dedicated, deep, eager, fervent, fervid, fierce, firm, forceful, gutsy, handful, hard-nosed, independent, intelligent, intense, iron-willed, keen, perceptive, plucky, potent, resilient, resourceful, sagacious, self-assertive, steadfast, take charge, tenacious, tough, unbending, uncompromising, unyielding, vehement, violent, zealous.
So why is it we refuse to see what seems obvious to everyone else around us? We're constantly underestimating ourselves, seeing ourselves as insufficient. The problem is we are not insufficient. Individually we are strong, charismatic, amusing and truly amazing. There's no reason to doubt this.
It's time to take a step out of the cut-throat competition of daily life. It's time to realize our worth and utilize our best qualities. It's time to be ourselves. Let me know how you'd best describe yourself by commenting below. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amen Casie, I really liked this post, and yeah you're right. We are all talented and gifted to go through the uphills that life has placed in our path.
Post a Comment